We’re looking for a Data Scientist to become part of our outstanding team in Munich. Along with your colleagues you are responsible for optimizing the algorithms which power our search results and product recommendations. If you want to get your hands on large datasets and discover the best products for our clients - then Stylight is the place to be for you!
- You come up with new strategies how to generate insights from our data
- You evaluate advances in scientific literature if adaptable to our use cases.
- You implement prototypes for product recommendations and ranking on search pages.
- The Product Service Team consists of data analysts and backend engineers to find and show the most relevant product to our users with a low latency.
- We do work in Kanban, visualize our tasks on analog boards, and do pair-programming to foster knowledge sharing.
- We <3 Slack. We have our own bot and have integrated our toolchain (CircleCI, Datadog, PagerDuty…).
Why Join Stylight?
We asked your future colleagues, here are their top responses:
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us.
- International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 400 attendees.
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany)
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten.
- For more information check out: http://tech.stylight.com/
Up for the Challenge?
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? Then do not hesitate and apply today at http://jobs.stylight.com/data-scientist/. We are looking forward to receiving your complete application! Your contact: Carina Meyer.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- You have at least two years experience doing quantitative analysis and a degree in engineering, mathematics or fields with a solid foundation in analytics.
- You posses in-depth knowledge of statistics and statistical software such as python, R or MATLAB.
- You are experienced with machine learning algorithms and modeling.
- Having experience with tools to process large scale, sparse datasets is a plus (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Hive).
- You have previously brought scientific findings to production.
- You have working coding knowledge sufficient to build prototypes and analyse large data sets.
Python R MATLAB