We are looking for an experienced Python developer to join our existing engineering team to help us build the next generation of the Opsview product. This role provides a real opportunity at the start of an exciting period of change and growth where your dynamism and vision will have a direct influence on the success of the company. You will be joining a high performing Python team building the future of the Opsview product suite and will be expected to deliver code to an exemplary standard. You will be implementing key architectural improvements and new features working within a Scrum/Agile environment. Training will be provided in Opsview Monitor and associated technologies, but prior knowledge of other monitoring solutions would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to help build the Opsview business and progress with the growth of the company.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Python development
- Experience of asynchronous frameworks for high-performance applications
- Experience with SQL for MySQL
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Experience in version control systems, such as Subversion or Git
- Passion for improving coding and development practices
- Proven ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and skills
- Exposure to large-scale web applications
- Experience with writing web applications
- Experience in code profiling and writing unit tests
- NoSQL databases
- Experience of working within an agile scrum team
- Prior experience of working for a small, high-growth company
- Shell programming
You must be a high energy self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and comfortable working within a framework of objectives without the need for day to day guidance and direction.
This role is a full time position offering great benefits including Health Care plan, Dental & Optical cash back Plan, Life insurance and Income Protection.