The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is seeking a Python Developer, who will work with our policy analytics team to build our policy analytics platform and database, QuantGov. Your initial focus will be the development of Python scripts for data analytics and Web scraping routines to complete the State RegData Project—a promising extension of the RegData architecture that QuantGov was built upon. You will also be responsible for honing the machine learning algorithms used in QuantGov applications. Occasionally, you may be asked to integrate QuantGov outputs with front-end elements, so a basic understanding of front-end technologies would be advantageous. Some familiarity with R would also be a plus.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Integration of APIs and other online data sources
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Skills and Qualifications
- Expert in Python, especially for data analytics and scraping.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support research
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic understanding of economics, especially in policy issues, is desirable but not required
How To Apply
- Contact: Human Resources
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1473202.